MAKE-YOUR-OWN Sensor Workshop Assembly Guide Series #3 of 3
Assembly Guide Part 3: Radiation Shield
This is Part 3 of the three-part series: MAKE-YOUR-OWN Sensor Workshop Assembly Guide. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the radiation shield for the MAKE-YOUR-OWN Sensor Workshop. If you would like to know more information about the workshop, please visit https://smartcities.sensorup.com/.
- Remove five plates from the bottom of the solar radiation shield.
- Position the remaining plate so that the larger holes are at the top. Remove the screw at the top left, and use it to fasten the breakout board to the shield via the hole near the ‘HOST’ label. Position the board so that it doesn’t cover any of the four holes on the plate.
- Attach the power cable to the port labeled ‘PWR’ on the LinkIt Smart.
- Reattach one of the five plates.
- Use the twist tie to attach the temperature & humidity sensor to one of the unattached plates (attach to one of the inner holes on the side of the plate that has four holes).
- Reattach that plate.
- Reattach two of the remaining plates.
- Place elastics onto the final plate, and reattach.
- Position the PM2.5 sensor so that it fits snugly into the space along the long edge, between the final two plates.
- Check to make sure that the LinkIt Smart (with breakout board), the temperature & humidity sensor, and the PM2.5 sensor are not contacting each other.